The WV CARES Act Small Business Grant Program provides grants of up to $5,000 to eligible WV small businesses that have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The application is open today, July 13, 2020 through September 30, 2020.
· Must be a registered wvOASIS State Vendor ($125 registration fee is waived)
· Must be registered for wvOASIS electronic funds transfer
· Employ between 1 and 35 non-owner/member/shareholder full-time employees
· WV is principle place of business
· Qualified to do business in WV and in operation as of February 29, 2020
· Are currently and intend to remain qualified to do business in WV and in operation for at least the next twelve months
· Are in good standing with the State Tax Department and WorkForce WV
· Are a for-profit business
· Are not in violation of any state order or decree (e.g., mine safety, DEP citations, etc.)
· Are not presently suspended, debarred, proposed for debarment, declared ineligible, or otherwise excluded from participation in any federal grant program, and are not presently a debtor in any pending bankruptcy (including any owners of the business)
· Have suffered eligible expenses and/or losses because of the COVID-19 pandemic
Eligible Expenses and Losses:
· Direct out of pocket expenses, such as purchases of PPE for staff and costs of re-stocking inventory in order to reopen
· Losses due to business closures, reduced sales, or suspended operations
· Cannot include expenses covered by a PPP loan
· Funds must be expended in compliance with state and federal law.
· Applicant must maintain supporting documentation for any expense or loss for which these funds are being sought for 5 years.
· The State of West Virginia has the right to audit the applicant based on their submitted expenses and/or losses.
Monthly Newsletter is Back!
Visit the MyStAlbans tab to download your copy today!
Your Chamber of Commerce is here to help you and your business in this time of need. Here is some important info about the
West Virginia CARES Act Small Business Grant Program